- 3-4 times a day use either ALCOHOL-FREE Mouthwash or Sea Salt Spray such as H2Ocean. you can also mix your own rinse by adding 1/8 teaspoon – 1/4 teaspoon of NON-IODIZED sea salt to 1, 8oz. a cup of bottled water,
- Drink plenty of ice water. The water will keep you hydrated and promote healing. The ice will reduce the swelling.
- Avoid anything with alcohol in it. This includes beverages or harsh mouthwashes such as Regular Listerine & Scope, check the ingredients if you are unsure. Alcohol dehydrates tissue, which increases swelling. It also kills good bacteria that you need to heal.
- Avoid oral sex and open-mouth kissing.
- Do not play with your jewelry or pull it through your teeth. Your tongue is a muscle, so try to keep it relaxed as much as possible.
It is normal to experience swelling, soreness, and minor bleeding.
If you feel you are experiencing any symptoms in excess or have any concerns contact your piercer IMMEDIATELY!
If an infection or adverse reaction occurs at the site of your piercing, contact your personal physician for treatment and report to Southern Nevada Health District.